This year’s Detroit Auto Show had some hidden aces that astonished everybody attending leaving them speechless with jaw-dropping models. Elegant production cars and some of the best concept cars in the world paraded in this year’s auto show, demonstrating unique and breathtaking features. Car manufacturers have done their best to seduce their followers, and from what it seems, they have probably made it! Let’s take it from the beginning…
The 2013 North American International Auto show, or most commonly known as the “Detroit Auto Show” was expected to be full of fiery moments, but leaks and sneak reviews have given away the mystery. However, there were some models that came as a big pleasant surprise:
- Chevrolet Corvette Stingray is the queen of the show and the crown keeper for this year. It will persuade even the most skeptical that it deserves the title of the Best in Show, as soon as they hear the new 450 lb-ft LT1 V8, 450-hp moan. Finally! A car created to dismiss the cliche!
- Cadillac’s ELR electric car model comes with a 1.4-liter gasoline-powered generator and travels up to 35 miles with a 16.5-kilowatt-hour battery pack in pure electric mode!-
- 2014 Audi RS7 Sportback has been rewarded by editors as “Most Fun”, coming with superior class and style, as well as supreme performance. It looks resplendent with its 4.0-liter V8 Twin-turbocharged motor, AWD and 3.7-second 0-60-mph time.
- As for the Best Concept in the Detroit Auto Show, Hyundai’s HCD-14 is a new generation sedan that comes with enhanced levels of technological prowess and styling-sophistication.
- The Ford Atlas Concept came as a Most Significant this year and has appeared with extensive aerodynamic improvements, and hard-duty steel parts that ensure weight-saving making other car manufacturers trying to reach the bar that has risen out of their reach.
photo © zimbio